Wednesday, November 02, 2005

feeling fairly sorry for myself

hmm. After a lovely weekend, not such a great week. I've worked 30 hours in the last 3 days and am officially knackered.

Had a job interview which went spectacularly badly too. I pretty much ended up talking myself out of a job by saying I had a very poor attendance record and didnt really want to work with people with STI's. Oh well, looks like I'll see the new year in scooping up poo.

I hate interviews, theres always a million things you come out and think 'damn, I should have said that.' plus theres always a Good cop, bad cop routine between interviewers. one who smiles at you like you're their little one in a school play, and the other who looks like she would happily nail things into your fingernails given half a chance, and by the way how dare you come and ask for a job here...on your knees bitch, beg for it if you want it so bad...

(got a little carried away there)

I had an interview once where the interviewer actually told me off during the interview...she actually wagged her finger at me. then I started my job, and guess who's matron!?finger wagger herself.and she's been telling me off ever since.

any hellish interview stories to make me feel better about myself?

4 Comments:

At 6:17 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Or maybe it was because you thought they were a bank that came from Scotland.

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Cinda said...

Jodie - I am also feeling sorry for myself - and so choose to share my tale of woe.

I worked very hard yesterday, right through my lunch break - and at about 4.45pm decided to pop out for some chocolate. BIG MISTAKE.

I left my office in my favourite top, which incidentally was white, and started to cross the road. The next thing I knew I was lying face down in a puddle in the road bleeding.

Fortunately I had not been hit by a car - but there I was wet, cold bleeding, and now in a grey and brown splattered top.

I'm not really sure what happened - but it was very wet and slippy out yesterday afternoon, and would like to attribute my accident to that rather than the fact I was running.

So, a man in a jag pulled over to see if I was ok, but I did not stop for his kind words choosing to flee to the safety of my office.

While I had a spare pair of trousers in the office, sadly the same can not be said for my top, leaving me to walk around encrusted in mud for the remainder of the day.

Today I have a badly grazed and bruised left elbow, right knee, and two cut up hands :(

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger Tim Lovell said...

Cinds, that truly is a tale of woe. I'm very sad for you.

 
At 10:21 PM, Blogger jodes da princess said...

oh dear, woeful indeed. but good that you werent hit by a car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home