Wednesday, November 09, 2005

weekly musings

my thoughts this week have been rather fleeting, christmas, babies, houses, krispy kremes...

walked past the krispy creme (creme or Kreme?) kiosk 6 times so far this week, hoping for the orange light which means free doughnuts. No joy so far...but there is a huge pile of doughnuts outside the shop, some kind of world record attempt. there is no justice. why pile doughnuts where starving nurses can see and smell them but, alas cannot afford them, or at the least cant justify the cost against, say, a house deposit, or renewable electricity.

walking through town has made me feel rather christmassy though. and I can finally wear gloves. I long all through the summer for a time when it is cold enough to wear some woolly gloves. it makes me feel like Ally Macbeal.

Theres a bit on the news at the moment about how pre schools are going to have to meet standards like ofsted. I am angry. why cant children be children any more? we would seriously consider home schooling, even though we run the risk of having wierdo kids already. but I want my kids to think that fun is the most important thing, not knowledge.

I want to be a parenting advisor. I'd love it. only thing is I dont think anyones gonna listen to a little punk who has none of her own. its all very well being idealistic, but its putting it all into practice when crunch point comes.

Now theres a bit about Kentucky where they have just opened a museum of 'Biblical Truth' with dinosaurs playing with Adam and Eve. this strikes me as a good debate topic. does anyone still believe in the whole 7 days, and lots of poo story, or is it just americans?

With that I shall leave you...owwwww. just got garlic in my eye...

4 Comments:

At 9:58 PM, Blogger Jon said...

Cirriculum for toddlers does seem a bit strange. Although the government might not be getting its own way that much int he future, if this evenings vote is anything to go by that is.

I don't believe in a literal seven day creation. I am all up for theistic evolution. Turn on the God Channel and you'll find plenty of creationists, every other programme seems to about genesis 1.

 
At 7:22 PM, Blogger jodes da princess said...

we dont have sky...not very ecological apparently

 
At 4:37 PM, Blogger Cinda said...

If God said 7 days (or 6 and 1 for rest) then 7 days it is.

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger jodes da princess said...

God also 'said' that people who are bitten by snakes will never die, and that women should retreat into their tents for a fortnight when they get their period, and that people who have thier ears pierced will be eternally damned. how do you separate what is allegory, what is fact and what is historical and cultural context?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home