Thursday, October 26, 2006

Santa baby...

well, since coca cola thinks its acceptable to advertise with santa in October + Brum council lights already twinkle (they may well tell us its eid, but I dont remember santa coming down the chimney anywhere in the muslim tradition) I feel it may be time to start my christmas wish list (Jon are you listening?)

This year, I have kind of shocked myself with my own greed. top of the list is:



Yves St Laurent Touche eclat. It covers up your dark under eye circles (much needed at present). for this, the princeley sum of £20.

I also want pretty much everything in the benefit catalogue, but especially:
Benetint (makes your cheeks look pretty) (£22.50)


The reason I am telling you all this is not to drop hints (though gifts are always welcome!) but something I realised.

Several years ago, the thought of spending more than £5 on make-up would have shocked me, but whether it is a larger income, a subscription to instyle, or hardier wrinkles that has caused it, my idea of what is reasonable to spend on products has increased (not that my disposable income has grown to match it!) I cant even fall back on the 'but it's organic/fairtrade/woven by pygmies' lines that ususally pacify my inner tightwad (and husband).

Will there come a day when I dont even blink at spending £100 on creme de la mer? and what does that mean for my soul? Is the lack of pasty flaky skin ethical justification enough?

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Jon said...

I'm considering re-buying a playstation this christmas. I foolishly sold the last one as it was taking over my life. This time things will be different, I hope.

 
At 7:54 PM, Blogger jodes da princess said...

excellent idea, let santa take the ethical guilt.

Jon, surely you wont have time to do pretty much anything come april?

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Anna said...

When it comes to skin, you can't just put ecologically friendly crap on your face, but instead must have latest cosmetics, as modelled by celebrities. Everyone knows this. Organic shmorganic.

If you do want to pacify your conscience, Liz Earle is a decent compromise (and fabulous), so you could ask Santa for some Liz Earle and some BeneFit...?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home