Saturday, January 14, 2006

grumble grumble grumble



Is there any point in complaining?

I ask this from a point of having recieved complaints from people all day yesterday, about the appaling lack of resources in the NHS, about humans making human errors, about the general state of life. and I answered them all with the same answer 'I'm very sorry, is there anything I can do to help' when of course I was really thinking 'I dont care, please leave me alone I am very busy and important.' and of course, there is nothing I can really do to help, short of reforming the NHS.

So what is the point of complaining? on the very few times I have complained I have always been met with the company policy line. which doesnt make me feel any better. and I'm sure it doesnt highlight the persons day that I complained to either.

one thing I always say is dont complain unless you are willing to do something about it. but is there really any value in having these negative thoughts anyway? we are becoming a nation of complainers and I hate it.

on a totally seperate subject, I have totally been drawn in to celebrity big brother against all of my best intentions. and I have to say that I have totally changed my view of Jodie Marsh. I always thought she was a very bitter hurt mess. and though she is still all these things, she's also really funny, I loved her swimming pool comment about michael barrymore (who I cant stand). I think she's fantastic and its a shame she left the house!

3 Comments:

At 6:10 PM, Blogger jodes da princess said...

My sisters friend used to complain specifically to get free stuff. maybe I'm just jealous cos I havent got the balls.

My husband has just asked how to turn the hoover on. shameful. now I'm complaining!!

I think michael barrymore is a horribly derranged man and pete burns is just a bitch! I have a love hate realtionship with bb, I love watching it, but I hate myself for being so emmersed in pop culture!!

going to see a highbrow arty film tonight to make myself feel more adult!

 
At 8:05 PM, Blogger Jon said...

If we don't watch how much we complain we may spiral out of control and turn into Ian Beale!

I've been watching a bit of celeb BB this year. Interested to watch how gorgeous George comes across. I don't like Pete, although I'm not too fond of Jodie either.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger jodes da princess said...

missed that one, I'm trying so hard to avoid more pop culture, but then uh oh, desperate housewives is on tonight!! sneaks up on you.

I have the flu right now and am off work. was looked after by helen and ian yesterday, and discovered the joy of sky daytime!! if me and jon got sky we would probably never talk to each other again!

I love maggot, reminds me of robbie, I hate george galloway, although when he's in the house at least he isnt making disasterous political decisions (just cat impressions). michael needs locking up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home